Monday, March 2, 2009

Common - So Far To Go

Supp blood, you smell like YB.

I haven't blogged in a minute. So Imma try and fit everythang that happened over the weekend and tying it with today's progress. Sooooo. First Friday of lent last week. Went out to Ranch 99c Market out in the Rich. Discovered a new joint called, Hong Kong Snack House, located in the corner of the market. Shit is bomb if you ask me. They got everything from fish balls, to egg waffles, to crepes. I ordered myself a strawberry ice cream crepe for desert. Shit was too bomb.












Saturday went cool. Had football practice, the usual. I guess I'm starting free-safety this year. Not a problem. When I say the usual, usually means the family is gonna be over. Me and my cousin went out to Hayward, chiefed, then went home to watch Yes Man. Hadda wake up Sunday morning to go to work. Spent the whole day beastin in sales. 2300$, fuck with it. Anywayss, here I am in school with a bit of time in my hands. Currently reading the Dalai Lama: Ethics of Compassion. Pretty interesting shit. I took this excerpt from the reading to sorta think about and give ya'll some knowledge.

"We have a tendency to react badly to all who threaten fulfillment of our cherished desires, though they may be our closest relations. For this reason, compassion and mutual respect offer a much more solid basis for our relations with others. This is also true of partnerships. If our love for someone is based largely on attraction, whether it be their looks or some other superficial characteristic, our feelings for that person are liable, over time, to evaporate. When they lose the quality we found alluring, or when we findourselves no longer satisfied by it, the situation can change completely, this despite their being the same person. This is why relationships based purely on attraction are almost always unstable. On the other hand, when we begin to perfect our compassion, neither the other's appearance nor their behavior affects our underlying attitude."

Pretty crazy huh? Reason not to be picky. HI ETHEL. Clearly self explanatory.

Well Imma end it with that excerpt. I'll be dropping by hopefully before next week again. Imma busy with final paper, project, and speech. So catch me. 2 weeks of school left until Sprang Break. I LOVE YB!

Shoutouts to you folks who anticipates thy blogs.
EEK$.
MEEMS.
REDMAMAS.
MARANUT.
VEN-JO-LA.
TUFFNUTS.
KETCHUP.

No comments:

Post a Comment